- BMW recalls 220,000 vehicles in Takata airbag issue
BMW said it is recalling about 220,000 vehicles worldwide from model years 2002 and 2003 as part of a wider recall affecting airbags made by supplier Takata.
AutoNews.com. Tue, 7 May 2013 09:54:04 EST. Subscription may be required.
- Audi's $1.3 billion Mexico SUV plant aimed at unseating BMW
Audi executives this weekend plan to break ground on a $1.3 billion factory in Mexico with a capacity of some 150,000 cars a year. The plant will be instrumental in Audi's push to topple BMW Group as the world's top-selling premium automaker.
AutoNews.com. Fri, 3 May 2013 00:01:00 EST. Subscription may be required.
- Big Airbag Recall Affects Toyota, Honda, Nissan and GM, But Effects Probably Won't Last Long
The giant airbag recall announced earlier this week is big in numbers and reach – the recall affects General Motors, BMW and Mazda, too, not just Honda, Nissan and Toyota – but the long-term effect probably won’t amount to much.
By Jim Henry. Forbes. Fri, 12 Apr 2013 14:57:15 GMT.
- Tesla's BMW 3-Series Fighter Just Might Be Your Next Car
This is the fourth in a series on the state of the electric vehicle, with a focus on U.S.-based Tesla Motors. Click these links for Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 or find them below as well.
By Mark Rogowsky. Forbes. Mon, 25 Mar 2013 15:48:03 GMT.
- Italians Dress Up Some German Car Interiors At L.A. Auto Show
LOS ANGELES, Dec. 26, 2012 -- New-model Audi, BMW and Mercedes vehicles introduced at this year's Los Angeles Auto Show were dressed in luxury interior materials from Milan-based Alcantara. ...
PR Newswire. Wed, 26 Dec 2012 09:51:00 EST.
- 2012 BMW 328i Long-Term Update 3
Warning, Automotive Blasphemy Ahead.
Motor Trend. Thu, 06 Dec 2012 02:45:00 -0700.
- Edmunds.com’s December True Cost of Incentives®: BMW and Mercedes-Benz Make Final Plays for Luxury Sales Crown
SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Offering holiday deals, BMW and Mercedes-Benz raced to lead luxury car sales in 2012. Edmunds.com reports on the automotive rebates and incentives and sales trends of December.
Business Wire. Tue, 3 Jan 2012 18:48:00 UTC.
- Car and Driver Reader Survey: 53 Percent Very to Somewhat Likely to Purchase Luxury Vehicle Next
ANN ARBOR, Mich.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A reader survey released today by Car and Driver and Jumpstart Automotive Group reveals an increase in luxury car interest. Mercedes, BMW and Audi rank high among readers.
Business Wire. Wed, 28 Dec 2011 15:13:00 UTC.
- Toyota and BMW in Technology Alliance
The deal highlights the importance of green technology in the auto industry, as well as the ballooning costs of developing multiple powertrains when customer preferences remain uncertain.
By Hiroko Tabuchi. International Herald Tribune. Thu, 01 Dec 2011 20:31:03 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Geneva Auto Show: Auto Executives Brace for Oil Price Increases
In what promises to be a theme of the Geneva International Auto Salon, Norbert Reithofer of BMW said he could imagine oil remaining above $100 a barrel.
By Jack Ewing. International Herald Tribune. Tue, 01 Mar 2011 07:20:01 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
Copyright © 2012 Automobile-News.org. All rights reserved.