- Schmidt's statement showed a broken man with misplaced faith in VW
Oliver Schmidt's vacant almost defiant stare has been the face of VW's $30 billion diesel emissions scandal. That wasn't the face seen in court on Wednesday.
AutoNews.com. Thu, 7 Dec 2017 15:49:26 EST. Subscription may be required.
- Mulvaney juggles CFPB and budget office; court rejects bid to block Trump appointment
It's a busy time to be Mick Mulvaney. Even before the president's budget director also had to run the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, he faced a daunting December.
AutoNews.com. Tue, 28 Nov 2017 20:59:16 EST. Subscription may be required.
- Supreme Court Leaves GM Vulnerable To Pre-Bankruptcy Ignition Suits
The Supreme Court refuses to intervene in a case that could subject New GM to liability over Old GM's defective ignition switches.
By Daniel Fisher, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Mon, 24 Apr 2017 15:58:00 -0400.
- Supreme Court Allows Ignition-Switch Lawsuits To Proceed Against GM In Pre-Bankruptcy Crashes
Automaker had hoped to avoid liability for a deadly ignition switch failure for crashes that occurred prior to its 2009 bankruptcy. But the Supreme Court won't hear its claim.
By Joann Muller, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Mon, 24 Apr 2017 12:29:00 -0400.
- Marion County Jury Awards $52 Million to Florida Family Involved in Devastating Car Accident
CORAL GABLES, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A jury in the Fifth Circuit Court of Florida in Marion County awarded an Ocala family $52 million in damages in an auto negligence lawsuit. The verdict is the largest in Ocala history.
Business Wire. Fri, 3 Mar 2017 22:18:00 UTC.
- Court Rules in Favor of Arctic Cat in Patent Litigation Brought by Bombardier Recreational Products
MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Arctic Cat Inc. ... ...
Business Wire. Tue, 28 Feb 2017 00:26:00 UTC.
- Center asks Virginia Supreme Court to make public auto title-loan records
Appeal to test view that corporations have same privacy rights as people.
Yahoo. Thu, 28 Apr 2016 15:07:00 -0400.
The word court is a noun. Court means (1) respectful deference, (2) a yard wholly or partly surrounded by walls or buildings, (3) a specially marked area within which a game is played, (4) a room in which a law court sits, (5) the residence of a sovereign or nobleman, (6) a hotel for motorists; provides direct access from rooms to parking area, (7) the sovereign and his advisers who are the governing power of a state, (8) the family and retinue of a sovereign or prince, (9) an assembly (including one or more judges) to conduct judicial business.
Court is also a verb that means (1) make amorous advances towards, (2) engage in social activities leading to marriage, (3) seek someone's favor.
Copyright © 2012-2015 Automobile-News.org. All rights reserved.