- GM will lighten next-gen pickups with carbon fiber
It would be the largest-scale automotive application of carbon fiber, whose long, labor-intensive production process and high cost relative to steel and aluminum have limited its use mostly to luxury vehicles and sports cars.
AutoNews.com. Mon, 11 Dec 2017 00:01:00 EST. Subscription may be required.
- Mercedes Makes Smart Move Downmarket With GLA To Cash In On SUV Popularity
To take Mercedes’ SUVs downmarket and appeal to a different type of customer, the GLA had to offer fuel-efficient powerplants, a certain level of luxury and comfort and at an affordable price.
By Peter Lyon, Contributor. Forbes. Sun, 10 Dec 2017 21:35:00 -0500.
- Luxury vehicles stolen from Winnipeg dealerships by sophisticated fraudsters
Winnipeg police say they're facing a new trend in vehicle theft, in which criminals use a sophisticated scheme of forged documents to fraudulently buy cars from auto dealerships.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Thu, 7 Dec 2017 14:16:15 EST.
- LUXURY: Mercedes closes in on another luxury sales crown
With one month to go in 2017, Mercedes-Benz appears to have back-to-back U.S. luxury sales crowns all but wrapped up with a 30,611-vehicle lead over second-place BMW.
AutoNews.com. Fri, 1 Dec 2017 18:51:56 EST. Subscription may be required.
- Cadillac Expands Book Subscription Service After Seeing Big Demand in NYC
Cadillac's subscription service has been such a big hit in New York City that the American luxury car brand is now extending Book by Cadillac to Los Angeles and Dallas. ...
By Dale Buss, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 30 Nov 2017 14:27:00 -0500.
- 2019 Infiniti QX50 Revealed Ahead of L.A. Auto Show Near Tesla Design Studio
The 2019 Infiniti QX50 luxury midsize crossover made its debut in Hawthorne, California, tonight, just steps away from the Tesla Design Studio and Space X headquarters. ...
Zach Gale. Motor Trend. Wed, 29 Nov 2017 03:00:20 +0000.
- Skorpion Engineering Accelerates Development of Luxury Car Prototypes by 50% Using Stratasys Additive Technologies
MINNEAPOLIS & REHOVOT, Israel--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Stratasys today announced that Skorpion Engineering is producing complex automotive prototypes 50% faster with Stratasys 3D printing ...
Business Wire. Tue, 21 Nov 2017 14:00:00 UTC.
The word luxury is a noun. Luxury means (1) something that is an indulgence rather than a necessity, (2) the quality possessed by something that is excessively expensive, (3) wealth as evidenced by sumptuous living.
Copyright © 2012-2015 Automobile-News.org. All rights reserved.