- Continental sees strong profits ahead as EV push boosts orders
Continental expects "strong" profit and sales in the fourth quarter as carmakers' accelerating embrace of electric and self-driving technologies boost orders at the company's core automotive business.
AutoNews.com. Thu, 9 Nov 2017 16:03:38 EST. Subscription may be required.
- Jaguar propels Tata to biggest profit gain in 6 quarters
Jaguar Land Rover's Indian parent reported its biggest profit jump in six quarters after the luxury car brand began selling new models.
AutoNews.com. Thu, 9 Nov 2017 05:34:20 EST. Subscription may be required.
- Shareholders Will Be Cheering As GM Dumps Chronic Loss-Maker Opel-Vauxhall
In announcing the acquisition, France's PSA Group said it will return Opel and the British Vauxhall brand to profit within three years, underpinned by $1.8 billion in joint cost savings. GM will be saying good luck with that plan.
By Neil Winton, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 6 Mar 2017 04:38:00 -0500.
- Investors, Unconvinced By VW Profits, Want Details As They Worry About Union Influence
Volkswagen returned to profit in 2016, but investors aren’t convinced that the company, its governance dominated by politicians and unions, has yet done enough to shake-off past errors.
By Neil Winton, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 27 Feb 2017 07:11:00 -0500.
- Will You Profit from the Next Car Breakthrough?
Big changes are at hand in the auto industry, but you'll need to differentiate the contenders from the pretenders. Brian Bolan will show you how.
Brian Bolan. Zacks.com. Fri, 06 Jan 2017 19:30:00 GMT.
- China Automotive Systems Reports Higher Net Sales and Profit in the 2016 Third Quarter
WUHAN, China, Nov. 10, 2016 -- China Automotive Systems, Inc. ...
PR Newswire. Thu, 10 Nov 2016 06:30:00 EST.
- The Way Forward after Dieselgate: 'We Will Do Everything to Bring VW Back'
Volkswagen is struggling. The diesel emissions scandal, slim profit margins and a leadership shake-up have challenged the automobile company. ...
Spiegel Online. Wed, 26 Oct 2016 16:15:43 +0200.
The word profit is a noun. Profit means (1) the advantageous quality of being beneficial, (2) the excess of revenues over outlays in a given period of time (including depreciation and other non-cash expenses).
Profit is also a verb that means (1) make a profit; gain money or materially, (2) derive a benefit from.
Copyright © 2012-2015 Automobile-News.org. All rights reserved.