- VW Jetta gets new look, platform in quest to win sedan shoppers
VW believes that much-improved driving dynamics, more technology and a more fuel-efficient gasoline powertrain in a redesigned Jetta that is moving onto the brand's global MQB platform will draw sedan customers to U.S. showrooms.
AutoNews.com. Tue, 12 Dec 2017 14:41:24 EST. Subscription may be required.
- Schmidt's statement showed a broken man with misplaced faith in VW
Oliver Schmidt's vacant almost defiant stare has been the face of VW's $30 billion diesel emissions scandal. That wasn't the face seen in court on Wednesday.
AutoNews.com. Thu, 7 Dec 2017 15:49:26 EST. Subscription may be required.
- VW Executive Oliver Schmidt Sentenced To 7 Years For Dieselgate
Schmidt has been sentenced to a maximum of seven years in prison for his part in the diesel engine scandal that has cost the German automaker in excess of $15 million.
By David Kiley, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 6 Dec 2017 18:25:00 -0500.
- VW Passes Renault For First Place In Europe's Electric Car Sales Race Of The Minnows
The good news for VW is that it overtook Renault in October to become the top-selling battery electric vehicle maker in Western Europe for the first time, according to a report. ...
By Neil Winton, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 5 Dec 2017 14:37:00 -0500.
- 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan R-Line Package Rolls Out
If you are on the fence about getting a 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan, VW just sweetened the deal with a R-Line package for its SEL and SEL Premium trims. The new packages are being introduced at the 2017 Los Angeles Auto Show. ...
Etahaney. Motor Trend. Tue, 28 Nov 2017 18:00:57 +0000.
- Report: Senior VW Execs Advised Against Leaving Germany
Meanwhile, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles could be facing criminal charges over its diesel emissions scandal.
Ziff Davis. Acquired Sat, 14 Jan 2017.
- VW appoints historian to research Brazil dictatorship years
German auto giant Volkswagen said Thursday it had appointed a historian to look into the firm's actions during Brazil's military dictatorship, following allegations it had allowed the torture of employees critical of the regime. ...
Yahoo. Thu, 03 Nov 2016 12:54:50 -0400.
Copyright © 2012-2015 Automobile-News.org. All rights reserved.