- Audi recalls nearly 75,000 vehicles due to fire risk
Volkswagen's Audi luxury brand is recalling nearly 75,000 cars and SUVs in the U.S. because fuel leaks in the engine could cause fires
ABC News. Tue, 05 Mar 2019 12:52:51 -0500.
- BMW Car Fires: More fires reported in parked cars while engines off
There are new questions surrounding mystery fires involving some BMW's and Mini Coopers; both made by automaker BMW. The ABC 7 I-Team and ABC News are uncovering new cases of parked car fires, without fire-related recalls.
ABC News. Wed, 06 Feb 2019 04:11:54 UTC.
- U.S. fires latest volley in China tariff fight
President Trump raised the prospect of slapping a 25 percent tariff on imported cars and ordered a review of China's retaliatory auto tariffs as his administration responded to GM's plant closures plans.
AutoNews.com. Wed, 28 Nov 2018 21:09:50 EST. Subscription may be required.
- Mitsubishi Motors fires Carlos Ghosn as chairman
Japanese automaker ousts top auto industry exec following his arrest over allegedly hiding income and misusing funds
CBS News. Mon, 26 Nov 2018 12:29:15 +0000.
- Verstappen fires expletives at Ocon as collision hands...
Verstappen was in complete control of the race after passing both Mercedes and both Ferrari cars in a superb performance.
Daily Mail. Sun, 11 Nov 2018 19:22:05 +0000.
- Senate hearing on Hyundai, Kia engine fires postponed
The Senate Commerce Committee said a hearing planned this month on reports of engine fires involving Hyundai and Kia vehicles was on hold, but could be rescheduled for a future date.
AutoNews.com. Thu, 8 Nov 2018 12:00:00 EST. Subscription may be required.
- Lawmakers summon Kia and Hyundai CEOs over car fires
WASHINGTON (AP) - A Senate committee is asking the CEOs of auto makers Kia and Hyundai to testify next month about fire risk in their vehicles. ...
Washington Times. Wed, 17 Oct 2018 16:21:47 -0400.
- Celebrating Africa's aid workers on the frontline
From fighting fires to digging cars out of flooded roads - the unglamorous realities of the life of Africa's aid workers.
BBC News. Sun, 14 Oct 2018 23:55:51 GMT.
- Two Million Ford Trucks Recalled Due To Reported Seat Belt Fires
There are more than 20 reports of smoke or fire coming from the seat belts in certain Ford F-150 models. There are at least three reports of cars "totally destroyed" by fire.
Merrit Kennedy. NPR. Thu, 06 Sep 2018 17:04:34 -0400.