- Porsche ramps up its EV roadmap but will still invest in gas cars, North America CEO says
The automaker will invest in all-electric cars, plug-in hybrid models, and internal combustion engines, Porsche Cars North America CEO Kjell Gruner told CNBC.
CNBC. Thu, 01 Jul 2021 19:27:19 GMT.
- One in seven new UK cars is now an electric or plug-in hybrid
One-in-seven new UK cars is sold with a plug - as either a full electric (BEV) or plug-in hybrid (PHEV). The stat comes from new car industry stats released
Dan Grabham. Pocket Lint. Wed, 05 May 2021 10:54:48 +0100.
- Jaguar Electric SUV Impresses, But Limitations Make The Case For Plug-In Hybrids
Battery electric cars like the Jaguar I-Pace are said to be the future but can only handle say 80% of the job required. This makes a strong case for plug-in hybrid electric vehicles. ...
By Neil Winton, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 17 Mar 2021 08:05:35 -0400.
- Kia's new app gives drivers access to 14,000 public EV charging devices
It's new KiaCharge s 'one-stop shop' system gives drivers of its cars access to 13,900 UK charging points at which to recharge their pure electric or plug-in petrol-electric hybrid vehicles.
Daily Mail. Wed, 24 Feb 2021 09:13:58 GMT.
- All New Bentley Cars To Be Fully Electric By 2030
Bentley says all of its cars will be electric-only by 2030, and two new plug-in hybrids are to be announced in 2021.
By Alistair Charlton, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 05 Nov 2020 12:28:19 -0500.
- The age of electric cars Is dawning ahead of schedule
As electric cars become more mainstream, the automobile industry is rapidly approaching the tipping point when, even without subsidies, it will be as cheap, and maybe cheaper, to own a plug-in vehicle than one that burns fossil fuels.
Jack Ewing. American City Business Journals. Thu, 24 Sep 2020 21:32:42 +0000.
- Plug-in hybrids are a 'wolf in sheep's clothing'
Although marketed as a green option, the cars cause more polluting than is claimed, campaigners say.
BBC News. Wed, 16 Sep 2020 09:48:01 GMT.
- A Solid-State Future Could Be A Ticket To Ride For Toyota
Due to the increasing popularity of plug-in electric vehicles, traditional automobile manufacturers have struggled for both traction and relevance. ...
Yahoo. Fri, 04 Sep 2020 16:01:56 -0400.
- Fiat to test automatic switch to electric mode for its hybrid cars in Turin
Fiat Chrysler is piloting a project in its historic Italian home of Turin to allow its hybrid plug-in cars to automatically switch to electric-only mode when entering congested city centers.
Reuters. Wed, 03 Jun 2020 11:15:06 -0400.
- Hyundai Gives the Ioniq Minor Updates, More EV Range
Hyundai brought updated versions of its batteries-included hatchback to the LA Auto Show. The Ioniq Hybrid, Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid, and Ioniq Electric got mini-makeovers and boast a longer list of ...
Keith Barry. Consumer Reports. Wed, 20 Nov 2019 13:08:30 -0500.
Copyright © 2012-2021 Automobile-News.org. All rights reserved.